Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Spicy Garlic Green Beans

 

With Christmas coming up, I know my family will be wanting to have green bean casserole.  I, on the other hand, like my green beans to be fresher, lighter, and healthier (i.e. no creamy soup, fried onions, etc.).  So, the idea of green beans that are dressed up with only garlic, lemon juice, and chili pepper (my favorite) totally appeals to me.  Which is why I had to try this recipe out after having my eye on it for so long. 




I love that they're so quick to make - just a couple minute blanch in hot water and then saute everything all together.  What surprised me was that the garlic wasn't overpowering at all (even with six cloves of it).  I did end up cutting the amount of chili flakes in half and it was more than enough to give it that kick.  All in all, I ended up with a dish that was tasty, healthy, and full of beautiful bright color.  Maybe I can convince my family to forego the green bean casserole with this recipe.  One can hope.

Spicy Garlic Green Beans (adapted from What Gaby's Cooking)

1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
2 Tbsp. olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
lemon juice

Bring a large pot of water to a boil.  Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the green beans and set aside.

In a large heavy bottom skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 2 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the green beans and mix everything together, making sure the garlic is evenly distributed amongst the green beans.

Squeeze a little lemon juice over the green beans and enjoy. 



 

9 comments:

  1. My family loves Garlic Green Beans and I know they would also love the addition of the spicy to the mix! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. สล็อตออนไลน์Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. สล็อตเว็บใหญ่This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. สล็อต ฝาก-ถอน true wallet ไม่มี บัญชีธนาคารI have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. สล็อตทรูวอเลทThis article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. สล็อตแตกง่ายHello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. เว็บสล็อตPositive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.

    ReplyDelete
  8. สล็อต เว็บ ตรงThat is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck.

    ReplyDelete