Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce Chicken


I can't believe it's almost the end of summer. My biggest lament is that peach season will soon end. Please tell me that you still have peaches in your kitchen. If not, then I hope your nearest grocery store is still having some incredible sale on them. The reason I say this is because once you see this peach BBQ sauce, you're gonna feel the urge to grab any and all peaches you have and make it as soon as possible.

The Hungry Homebody linked this recipe up to my Sweets for a Saturday linky party several weeks ago. The moment I saw it, I knew this was the recipe for me, especially since I had a fridge bin full of ripe, sweet peaches all ready to be used. But, wouldn't you know it. I got all geared up to make this sauce one weekend and then realized that I only had peaches and NONE of the other ingredients. Apparently, my stomach was running ahead of my brain.

Not to worry. This past week, I made sure to put every one of those things on my shopping list and returned home full of anticipation. The sauce is super easy to make since all it requires is throwing everything into a pot and letting it cook down. Naturally, I spiced things up quite a bit with more red pepper flakes, a dose of my beloved sriracha sauce, and some chipotle chili powder. The heat goes really well with the peaches, but if heat's not your thing, you can leave it out and you'll still have a pot of deliciousness.

This sauce blew my tastebuds away. I put some onto chicken breasts and had one divine dinner. I think this would also be fantastic with meatballs (that's the next thing on my menu) and just as good with fish. Now I know why Hungry Homebody made so much of it. You'll definitely want some jars packed away to use throughout the year until peach season comes around again. Speaking of which, I think I'm gonna have to go buy myself a bushel of peaches because I need more of this sauce ASAP.

Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce (adapted from The Hungry Homebody)

4 c. peaches, chopped, pitted, and peeled
2/3 c. red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2/3 c. finely chopped onion
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
3/4 c. + 1 Tbsp. honey
1/2 c. vinegar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp. sriracha sauce
1 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium high heat and cook for 25 min. Puree with a handstick blender to your desired consistency.

9 comments:

  1. I'm saving this as it looks SOOOOO delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an amazing bbq sauce and full of flavor. I would love to give this a try. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Indeed, I do have a freezer bag of the most ripe peaches and I've been looking for a new way to use them. This just might be it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,

    Just wanted to let you know you're the winner of my blog's Birthday giveaway. :)

    Congratulations! Please sent me your mailing information to

    amy [dot] utry [dot] it

    so I can send you the prizes right the way. Here's the link to the winner announcement.

    http://utry.it/2011/09/winner-announcement-of-utryit-birthday.html

    Thanks for participating and have fun baking.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this last night and it was awesome! I can't wait to try it on my eggs this morning! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lisa, thanks for letting me know you tried the Peach BBQ Sauce and I love it that you spiced it up and made it your own. You've inspired me to try it out on meatballs too!

    Julianna

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete