Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Chewy


I had heard about Alton Brown's Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies for the longest time. But, seeing as how I don't usually have bread flour in the house, I never had a chance to make them, until now. Seeing as how so many people have raved about this cookie, not to mention the fact that it is Alton Brown's recipe (that man can do no wrong), I had only the highest expectations for them. Unfortunately, the cookie failed to meet my expectations. Yes, they were chewy. But, something about the taste seemed to be lacking. Maybe they need more sugar or vanilla. At any rate, while I'm glad to have finally tried them, I think I'll stick with my tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe from here on out.

Alton Brown's The Chewy

2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/4 c. bread flour
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 Tbsp. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Melt the butter. Add the sugar and brown sugar and cream together. Add the egg, yolk, milk, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and then stir in the chocolate chips. Chill the dough, then scoop onto cookie sheets. Bake at 375F for 14 min. or until golden brown.

I will say this though, they photograph beautifully.

2 comments:

  1. again its a friendly visit for a friendly blogger in a frienly manner, thus by dropping here into my blog

    Follow my blog if you like it means

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with you. They have amazing photography skills. A pinch of brown chocolate chips add extra chocolate essence in it, I love it a lot. Etizolam RX Online

    ReplyDelete