Friday, May 7, 2010

Butterscotch Potato Chip Cookies

(picture taken from Gourmet-Mom-on-the-Go)


A few days ago, Gourmet-Mom-on-the-Go posted this recipe for White Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies. The idea of cookies that were salty and sweet totally appealed to me. Plus, I had some odds-and-ends ingredients, including potato chips, that I needed to use up.

I made the cookies last night, but substituted butterscotch chips since that's what I had in my fridge. I also added in some Rice Krispies for added crunch. Unfortunately, I couldn't really taste the potato chips. They kind of got lost in there among the butterscotch chips. Hence, I ended up with a good butterscotch cookie. Not quite what I was hoping for, but definitely still enjoyable. I'm thinking that using butterscotch chips might have been too sweet and that semisweet chocolate chips might match better with the potato chips, that and adding in more potato chips. At any rate, it's a good recipe to use when you have a little of this and a little of that hanging around in your pantry.

White Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies (adapted from Gourmet-Mom-on-the-Go)

2 sticks butter
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. sugar
pinch salt
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1 c. white chocolate chips (I used butterscotch chips)
1 1/2 c. crushed Lay's Potato Chips

Whip butter with sugar. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs. Add flour. Stir in the potato chips and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake 8-11 min. until edges are golden.

2 comments:

  1. These look awesome - they remind me of monster cookies where I suppose you can add anything you want into them without the peanut butter though :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I simply say what a aid to seek out someone who truly is aware of what they are talking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know the right way to deliver an issue to gentle and make it important. Extra individuals must learn this and perceive this side of the story. I cant believe you are no more popular because you positively have the gift.

    ReplyDelete